Whoa, it’s been over a month and a half since I last blogged! That is definitely the longest break I’ve taken, and honestly, I’m totally ok with it! While I like to blog, it is not a top priority, so it just happens when it happens. #lifeofamom
I love lists & bullet points, so I thought I’d share what life has looked like lately in bullet point form.
Summer 2016 highlights (so far)
- Lake Powell Houseboat vacation!! It was SO much fun!! Definitely the best highlight of all!
- swimming with the kids & hitting up water parks weekly
- grilling food (at least 2-3x/week!)
- teaching 6-7 fitness classes a week (most classes are just 30 mins. FYI)
- working on my own fitness (intense, super short HIIT workouts at home) & filming short workouts for instagram
- p.s. I’m loving having two instagram accounts (click to follow either ((I have to know who you are to follow the family one)): fitness / family)
- hiking as a family
- reading (go read The Nightingale like…..RIGHT.NOW.THIS.SECOND.it’s.so.good.)
- watching shows with Jared & having such a blast being a wife to and parent with, him <3
- making dinners for other people, hanging out with neighbors
- visiting my sister & siblings who live semi-nearby!
- passed my video assessment & got officially certified to teach POP Pilates (I teach 3x/week now)
- cleaning & decluttering when both kids are either napping or semi-occupied!
- launched BODYPUMP 98, CXWORX 23, & GRIT 17 recently! Such solid releases! (<—I’ll try & post reviews asap!)
- attended Jared’s work party (an outdoor summer bash) as a family of four. it was SO much fun! (food trucks, live band, outdoor games, prizes, water fun) We danced, ate, played, ran around, & then watched fireworks. I love summer!
Being a mom to my two girls is the best life! We’ve had so much fun this summer. I love being a mom!
Life is much busier with two kids than just one (duh), so my life took an sharp curve on the busy scale without my really noticing it….that’s why blogging sort of fell to the wayside. I’m sad I can’t write as much as I used to (because I enjoy it!), but I like to check in when I can!
I spend a more intentional amount of time on social media now (instead of mindlessly scrolling), and it’s awesome! I love connecting with positive people who are inspiring & motivating, and I enjoy having that vibe on my own pages as well. <3 I’m not terribly social media savvy (I can NOT figure out snapchat for the life of me!!), but I do enjoy hearing when people use my workouts, or when they find something they like to eat or do that makes them feel strong & empowered.
One thing that I love with my workouts & life in general, is listen to music that is inspiring, & fun! Thanks to JLab Audio’s newest EPIC2 Bluetooth Wireless earbuds, that piece of my life has gotten even easier & more fun.
Check those babies out!
Running sprints, busting out reps, and even listening to audibooks in my car, these wireless bluetooth headphones are the bomb.
These are EPIC2 (the latest & greatest) and they’re now sweat & fitness proof. Plus the hardcase is very kid-friendly. 😉
other features include:
- Crystal Clear Clarity (high-quality sound!)
- 100% waterproof
- longer battery life (by 4 hours!) than every competitor
My favorite part of all is that the cord is short (doesn’t get tangled easily), and there are clips included to clip up any of the cord if it still feels too long.
I’m a huge fan, thank you JLab!
Alright, everyone, have a wonderful MONDAY!!