How are you doing?
Baby Lily has another milestone she wants to share about….we can see and feel her first TOOTH coming in! Holy smokes.
Newborn stage is officially over. Infant stage is officially over. So sad….yet so exciting!
Solid foods. First tooth coming through. What else does this week have in store for us?!
Today I have a pretty fun post for you (IMO)–it’s a bit word and list heavy though, but I thought it’d be fun to share about food I always have on hand–it’s like a peek into our lives for all you nosy folks!
These are the foods that I base our meals around, and that we eat pretty much daily.
As in the foods we NEVER run out of …..and as soon as I’m about to, I make it a point to get to the grocery store and re-stock the items listed (other than when we know we will be out of town for a long period of time<—those times are exempt because we don’t want to replenish perishables, duh)
Of course we buy more food than is on our list (seasonal fruits/veggies, cravings, etc.), but I am saying this is what you will ALWAYS find at our house. So if you were our neighbor and you were missing an ingredient on this list, you’d come on over & we’d have it and would share it with you!
Linking up with Jenn for the fun food party on Wednesdays <—check out all the fun!
Food I Always Have on Hand
- minced garlic
- leafy green (usually romaine)
- at least 1 veggie that is in season
- apples OR oranges OR berries (depending on the season) + seasonal fruits
- frozen berries
- raw almonds
- almond butter
- deli turkey
- protein powder
- frozen chicken
- frozen ground turkey
- frozen burger patties (beef for the husband, turkey or black bean for me)
- peanut butter (for Jared)
- canned tuna fish
- Greek yogurt
- cottage cheese
- cheddar cheese
- Grueyere Swiss cheese (my parents are so nice–they always give us 1 lb blocks each time we see them–my mom is Swiss, it is a MUST-have item. haha)
- parmesan cheese
- whole wheat pasta (fettucine, spaghetti, linguine)
- whole wheat bread
- whole wheat tortillas
- white flour tortillas (for Jared)
- brown rice
- oats (steel-cut and/or regular)
- black beans
- kidney beans
- chick peas
- black olives (for the husband)
- refried beans
- chopped jalapenos
- enchilada sauce
- chicken or vegetable stock
- cream of mushroom/chicken soup
- diced tomatoes
- tomato sauce
- spices (cinnamon, garlic powder, taco seasoning, Italian seasoning, sea salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, seasoned salt, curry powder)
- tortilla chips
- white and whole wheat flour
- white and brown sugar
- herbal tea packets
- hot cocoa packets/powder
- soy sauce
- salad dressing (at least 1 kind, but usually 4-5)
- miracle whip
- sour cream & onion chips
- ice cream
- dark cocoa powder
- cookie and/or cocoa butter
- Swiss chocolate
Items I WANT to buy more often but always forget to (gah!!) and/or are a bit expensive so they’re bought less often:
- dried beans (hello! I just need to buy ’em and cook ’em….lazy me)
It seems like a lot of food (and it is) but it’s not like I buy it all at once. Everything sort of finishes up at varying rates, and so I buy things together that are all about to be finished off–so I usually hit up the store every 1-1.5 weeks (esp for fresh stuff).
That was fun to write! And now I am hungry….surprise surprise.
Have a WONDERFUL day!! <3
In Your Opinion–what items above do YOU feel are not necessary to have on hand??! <–just curious! What items are YOUR top 5 MUST-have-on-hand foods??! What food would YOU buy more often if it weren’t so $$$$?? <–shrimp, salmon, sushi, sweet potato fries, and several kinds of ice cream!