It is the LAST DAY of 2013!! Crazy, right?!?
End of 2013 Reflections
To begin, here is what I said from my blog post at the beginning of this year –I said this:
“I have resolutions for 2013, but I haven’t quite decided on the specifics. Ahhh well.
I do know these:
- In 2013 I will get stronger in every major muscle group.
- In 2013 I will get leaner.
- In 2013 I will sculpt a better core.
- In 2013 I will reach out to more people.
- In 2013 I will strengthen all the relationships that matter to me.
- In 2013 I will spend less time on electronics & more time with my husband & people I love.
- In 2013 I will not let my being afraid keep me from pushing my limits–and those I teach! (lucky them, eh??)
- In 2013 I will read at least 10 books for leisure.
- In 2013 I will build every single one of my fitness classes! (aka getting as many people in there as possible for every class!)
- In 2013 I will try harder to be calmer & live every moment to the fullest!”
Kind of funny, right?!
To be 100% transparent, I totally wrote this list knowing that I ACTUALLY wanted my main goal to get pregnant. We had already begun ‘trying’ by the start of the new year, so some of these goals (aka “get leaner”) were total BS.
Sorry I lied to you guys. I knew it was for the best though. hah
In the other areas though, I think I give myself a 85%. I did a good job, but definitely did not look back at my list and consciously try to meet each goal. Oh well. Pregnancy and having a baby kinda change things, so I’m not losing sleep over this or anything. heh
p.s. if you want to check ‘em out-here are the previous year’s reflections (2012’s)
And now, the 2013 reflections!
Some Best Of 2013
(runner up: when I found out I was pregnant! February 2.2013)
When people would say I inspired them to have a fit pregnancy!
Best Date Night/Weekend:
Our baby moon vacay!
Having baby Lily. Hands down.
So grateful for my fitness preparation for that! Whoever said pregnant ladies (who aren’t high risk) shouldn’t work out regularly was smoking crack. Word.
All of these. I pretty much try to look like that on days I actually leave the house-super simple: scarf, boots, longer shirt, jeans. BOOM.
When I was pregnant the best outfit was any outfit that fit over my bump by the end
Best Movie I Saw:
Cafe Rio chicken salad.
Always, always, always.
So yah, this year for me was pretty stellar–it is right up there with 2010, the year I married Jared.
Makes sense right?? Love & family is one of the best things we can have in this life, so the years of marrying the man of my dreams and having a little girl obviously top my ALL time favorite years!
2010 & 2013. <3
Being a mama to baby Lily the past 2 months has been more incredible than I ever thought. I mean there are DEFINITELY tough moments & hard nights and lots of circles under my eyes, but that stuff pales in comparison to the joy she brings to me and Jared!
She is my little princess and I adore her. Being a good mom to her is all I hope to be!
So I am insanely grateful for the year 2013 and all it brought us. I feel SO SO grateful!!!
Well, ya’all, have a GREAT New Year’s Eve!!!
p.s. tomorrow I’ll share goals for 2014!
What are YOU up to this New Year’s??! What are some of YOUR favorite moments & reflections from 2013??!