A few things:
- You guys are the best! Your comments help me so much as I am in this new phase of my life
- I promise I will eventually respond better to comments, emails, and your blogs. I don’t often have free hands lately… So thanks for understanding!
- I had the worst night’s sleep the other night. Lily is adorable, but when she gets fussy & doesn’t necessarily want to eat OR wake up, it’s exhausting. (I told you she has some bad nights too).
- I have a sore throat. BOO.
- Jared is so patient with me, it’s amazing.
- Lily is exactly 1 month old today!
- I am SO excited for the holidays!
With that last one, I just wanted to share some thoughts on that from a workout/eating perspective.
Relax and Enjoy!
I used to have major issues around the holidays because I was so disordered in both eating & exercise. The holidays obviously bring a lot of fun foods, treats, parties, and various activities that often throw off a schedule.
And for a planner like me the holidays brought a ton of anxiety. :/
Nowadays though?! I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!! And the treats. And the parties. And the extra fun! And the different schedule.
Instead of worrying about any of it, I embrace it.
And because I embrace the fact that I will probably indulge more, I am able to relax about it.
Does that make sense?
When we get uptight about something we tend to feel more anxious, worried, and frustrated….and we’re not able to relax.
But if we approach the holidays with an attitude of excitement, we’re more likely to just relax and ENJOY those moments. And those foods. And the parties.
Besides, when we approach things like the fun events & food with excitement and a more relaxed attitude, we’re more likely to enjoy the occasional treats, feel satisfied, and NOT feel a need to overeat or binge on those fun foods.
I’ve said it before, but as I’ve had a healthier approach over the past few years I’ve never gained weight over the holidays–and a few times have even lost weight during this season. WHILE indulging in alllll the treats I wanted to.
The brain is smart–so when you relax and stop worrying so much about calories, macros, etc., you’re more likely to eat intuitively and stop when you feel satisfied.
So go ahead & ENJOY Thanksgiving tomorrow my US peeps, and we’re all going to enjoy the wonderful month of December together. Deal?!
I am off to prep some homemade rolls (mmmmmmm!), help with some pies, and teach BP tonight.
My favorite part of T-Day is the rolls, turkey, and ice cream. Can’t wait!
Have a WONDERFUL day!! <3
What is YOUR approach to the holidays and all the fun foods?!? What helps YOU relax the most?!? What is YOUR favorite food at Thanksgiving??!