How’s it going?
Things are good around here….I’m kind of sleep deprived, but what is new? I have a newborn, so that’s how it’s going to be for a bit. :/
I love my sleep, but Lily is definitely worth getting up for! She actually sleeps well for the most part, but some nights are better than others.
Also, she had another throw-up attack yesterday. Yikes! So this outfit:
was worn for like 5 minutes.
Such is life!
We also took a walk, went to the library, and sat out on the patio because the weather was gorgeous yesterday. We had a good day together!
And then Jared came home to us chillin’ on the bed, so he held her while we chatted about our days…..then this happened:
p.s. thanks for all the support on yesterday’s post. I didn’t want to come off as complaining (because I love having a newborn & being a new mama), but I also want to be honest with myself & ya all.
Embrace the Greens
So there were TWO time periods during the pregnancy where I hated allllll the greens. Spinach, kale, lettuce, etc. all sounded so so gross to me. No salads, no green smoothies, no broccoli side dishes. For several WEEKS.
This was weird for me because I’ve always (in my adult life) loved allll the greens. And it was sad. And it made me feel bad about my eating habits.
Well people, the greens have returned! And I am loving them.
We’ve had a salad at every dinner meal since Lily was born, and Jared & I feel awesome.
Here are some easy ways to embrace the greens:
- have a side salad at dinner
- make a large salad with fun toppings for a lunch
- add steamed broccoli to any pasta
- drink a spinach smoothie for a snack
- prewash & cut the greens so they are easy to grab for any meal or snack
- make ants on a log with celery, craisins, & almond butter for an easy snack
- go to the grocery store weekly so you have fresh greens on hand
- stuff spinach in your mouth before you eat anything else (hahaha)
- order a side salad instead of fries at a restaurant
- plan side dishes to include greens (kale salad, broccoli slaw)
- include greens in the main meal (lettuce wraps, spinach quesadillas, kale soup)
When asked for good ideas on how to embrace the greens Jared mentioned putting spinach in your ice cream…..
I guess that could work?
But I think my ideas are better. 😉
Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday! <3
What are some ways YOU embrace the greens on a daily basis???! What do YOU love to top YOUR salads with???! Last time YOU fell asleep with a baby on YOUR lap??! 😉