40 Weeks

Hey there.

Another day another destiny! (I keep singing that Les Miserables song each morning because it is another day passed…..with a baby still in the womb.)

So yah. Obviously I’m trying hard to keep my mind off it all. 😉

I need DISTRACTIONS! Ahhhhhhh.

******

Okay. Since I might be losing it, let’s just stick with what we know….another baby bump update. Enjoy.

40 Weeks

Baby Perks is just over 40 weeks today and is about the size of a pumpkin. (So not a ‘small pumpkin’ anymore 😉 )

Here’s what Baby Perks has been up to this week:

• If Baby Perks is anything like the “average newborn,” she would weigh about 7 1/2 pounds and be about 20 inches long…,,but she’s also a girl (girls tend to weigh less than boys). My doc thinks she’ll be right around 7ish when she’s born.
  • Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it’s a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called “molding” is the reason your baby’s noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth.

And here’s what’s been happening with me this past week:

40 weeks / pregnancy update

How far along? 40 weeks (& 3 days)!!!!

Baby’s size? a pumpkin

Total weight gain/loss:  31 lbs. (as of last week at my appt)

Stretch marks? still zilcho so far..…I’m feeling lucky! fingers are still crossed.

Sleep: Pretty good. I know a lot of people complain about sleep near the end, but I’ve only had 1 night this week that was pretty bad. It’s never that I can’t sleep, it’s that I can’t fall BACK asleep after I hit up the bathroom in the middle of the night. So annoying. But other than that 1 night, I sleep like a champ. I SO hope she has my sleep genes. 😉

Best moment this week: I’m not going to lie, this week was a tough one…..so not a ton of ‘best moments.’ But we had a super fun morning on Saturday with friends!

Miss Anything? Same stuff as usual: Lying on my stomach. Running HIIT sprints on the TM. Less bathroom trips. Being able to get out of bed or the car quicker.

Movement: Yep! The movement is definitely less than before (‘settling’ in, so I’ve heard), but she has very distinct wake & sleep cycles. Her movements are definitely less ‘jabby’ and more overall rolls & such. The doc says she is simply running out of room! (And hopefully gets the memo that she’ll have more room if she’d just make her debut! hah)

Food cravings: This week I wanted pumpkin bread! And oranges. And tomatoes. And corn pops. So random!

40 weeks / pregnancy update 40 weeks / pregnancy update 40 weeks / pregnancy update

Food aversions: Pasta, randomly. And sadly, chocolate comes & goes. Some days I really want it, other days it sounds horrendous.

Anything making you queasy or sick: The thought of eating pasta made me feel nauseas the other day. So weird.

Gender: GIRL <3

Labor Signs: I’ve continued to have a lot more distinct contractions throughout the day, and more Braxton-Hicks (practice surges), but there is no real pattern. The doc says I need to have stronger ones & more consistent ones….so yah. Bring.it.on Also the appt last week confirmed I hadn’t progressed much (AGAIN) since the previous appt. (major bummer) and was still dilated to a 1, but was now 80% effaced. Her head is still at station 0 (which means she is engaged in the pelvis). I am excited to continue to progress towards birth! Let’s go baby Perks!

Symptoms:

• like always…. getting up to use the restroom allll night long
  • practice surges (Braxton Hicks) and practice labor contractions throughout the day & evening
  • menstrual-like cramps/contractions randomly throughout the day now (not just in the evening)
  • appetite is there but not crazy strong
  • it’s definitely hard to tie my shoelaces, shave, and get out of bed or the car
  • breakdowns. like every day. Sobbing, actually.
  • feeling like my uterus might fall out during walks
  • anxious, annoyed, and excited are all strong feelings this week!
  • some lower back pain
  • some groin pain

Belly Button in or out? OUT….mostly. The top part sticks out when I am standing.

Wedding rings on or off? On.

Maternity clothes? Nothing new. I wear mostly ‘regular’ clothes with a few maternity tops, and I’ve busted out the maternity jeans for fall.

Baby items purchased? Nothing purchased.

Happy or moody most of the time: Much more moody this week than last. But I am feeling more ‘up’ today!

Funny moments this week: Watching Jared do the Hit and Run 5K. That was hilarious!

Looking forward to: Her BIRTH!!! :)

****

Fitness Thoughts at 40 weeks:

40 weeks / pregnancy update

{pic is from yesterday after I taught my BP/CX class}

• This week was pretty good. I feel fine while teaching my classes, and it keeps my mind off of the impending birth!
  • If you missed it, here is my post all about the modifications I’ve made in my fitness classes during pregnancy!
  • I didn’t teach my Zumba class this week because last week’s I felt quite a bit of pain & just felt overly pushed to my limits. So I decided to sub it out. It was a nice break–and I took a looooong walk instead.

*******

Old Wives’ Tales to Get Birth Going

Alright people. I want her birth to come already (if you couldn’t tell….) and I would rather not be induced, so I want to hear ALLLLLLL the old wives’ tales on how to get this going on ‘its’ own.

And while I understand she’ll come when she’s ready blah blah blah, if she’s close to coming & something could help speed that along a bit, I am all for it.

So far I’ve tried these:

• rubbing essential oils (especially clary sage & fennel) on belly/uterus
  • pushed on acupressure points — near ankle, webbing between fingers, lower back
  • walked
  • eaten spicy foods
  • sex
  • eaten pineapple
  • taken countless baths

Obviously I’ll keep trying these, but if you know of some more, I want to hear ’em!

****

Have a GREAT day! <3

What are the best old wives’ tales YOU’ve heard/experienced to get birth happening?!? What is YOUR guess on how much she’ll weigh?!? Tell me what project I should do to keep me occupied as I await her birth?!?

Comments

1. she’s going to be here so soon!!!!! keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers for a great delivery!! (what are you supposed to say there? an easy delivery? a safe delivery? i’ll just stick with GREAT!) good luck!! xoxo
    Linz @ Itz Linz recently posted…Runner’s World CookbookMy Profile

2. Hang in there! Hoping today is the day!!

3. She’s going to be here so soon! Keeping my fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later!

4. Keeping my fingers crossed that she’ll come soon! Hang in there Annette!
    Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat recently posted…Totally Random Bits of Info #3My Profile

5. CarolineO says:

Supposedly a pregnancy massage helps… It didn’t help me, but who knows maybe it will work for you!

6. Pregnancy massage, stay active, and have your membranes stripped. I think she weigh a solid 7 lbs.
    As for a project, go back through your pregnancy updates and put them in a scrapbook for her. Write a couple of letters to her and relax.
    Christie recently posted…Three weeksMy Profile

7. Maybe you should start combining the old wives’ tales? Eat a chili-dusted pineapple while having sex in a bathtub? Or maybe march in place while Jared rubs oils on your belly and pushes on your finger webbing?

Hahahahahahaha ;). I cannot WAIT to see what Baby Girl looks like… Hang in there, Mama <3.
    Carly @ Snack Therapy recently posted…TrustMy Profile

8. Hang in there girl. . . and remember that she will be worth the wait no matter when she comes – my Luke was a week late. 😉
    Katie @ running4cupcakes recently posted…Happy 9th Birthday AbbyMy Profile

9. Go go baby perks!! Go introduce yourself to your momma! :)
    Miranda @ Lovely Wife Lovely Life recently posted…MIMM #26–Mother/Daughter WeekendMy Profile

10. I can’t wait to come distract you today! :) We’ll have fun. I’m glad to hear you’re sleeping well still! Those last few weeks were rough for me. I think it was mostly me just being excited/anxious, but also discomfort. Enjoy the sleep!
    Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries recently posted…[6 Months] PostpartumMy Profile

11. I have a feeling she’ll be coming very soon! I hope so for your comfort levels at least:)
    Haha, I agree with Carly. Maybe just try a bunch of them at once 😉
    Maybe that will be the final kicker.
    Thinking of you lots right now!!!
    Lisa recently posted…Being ThankfulMy Profile

12. Brittany says:

You don’t know me but I love reading your blog!!! I wanted to tell you that I took castor oil with both of my boys and it started labor…both times! It does have a few yucky side affects but if your desperate…:) You can buy it over the counter at a local drug store. I took it like a shot and then chased it down with root beer.

13. I would honestly try chiropractic and acupuncture (with moxibustion). The chiropractic ensures your pelvis is perfectly open and in the best position. Following along and wishing you the best!
    Sarah Anne recently posted…When Friends HurtMy Profile

14. I got a prenatal massage and had her target the pressure points since she was trained. Felt much different then doing it ourselves! My water broke less than 24 hours later so who knows. I know you’re anxious to meet her but the thing that helps is reminding yourself that pregnancy WILL end and you’ll be holding your bundle sooner than later. Don’t wear yourself out too much trying to get labor going – you’ll need the energy for the act itself. Fingers crossed for you!
    Madeline @ Food Fitness and Family recently posted…Family PhotosMy Profile

15. april says:

crossing my fingers that baby perks makes her appearance very soon! maybe she just wants to be fashionably late? 😉

wishing you a safe delivery! <3

16. Rebecca says:

The last weeks (ESPECIALLY past your due date) are SO HARD. My daughter didn’t come until I was 41wk 5 days (you read it right sister, 2 days shy of 42 flipping weeks!) and people would say “you haven’t had that baby yet?” like I was not having her on purpose??
    I have no additional words of wisdom for you (none of the old wives tales worked for me, I was induced) but just wanted to sympathize and give you a virtual *hug*.
    Hang in there!!!

• Oh WOW. You are patient! I reaaaalllly hope I don’t get that close. Hah.

But yah, I agree with what you said–like I’m trying NOT to have the baby on purpose. HAH. I laughed out loud on that one.

Thanks for the ! :)

17. I have heard from several people that there is an eggplant parmigan (sp?) dish at Olive Garden and that it works WONDERS! My friend just tried it with NO signs of labor and she had her baby that very night. It will be worth a try and who doesn’t enjoy going out to dinner?! I know you don’t know me but I found your blog through Janae’s blog and I love it! You are so relatable and you’ve really helped motivate me to get fit… i’m in DESPERATE need!

18. I never made it to 40 weeks – I delivered my boys at 36 weeks and 37 weeks – so I can’t even imagine how anxious you are to meet your little sweetie! You’re doing all of the things that I’ve heard works – spicy foods? (but won’t that give you indigestion – yuck!) walking? sex?
    Good luck!! You look amazing and are in such great shape – you’ll be a pro at labor! I’m telling ya!
    -Sammy @ http://www.peaceandloveandicecream.com
    Sammy @ Peace Love and Ice Cream recently posted…How the workplace can break (or make!) your healthy habits!My Profile

19. awww I know it sucks waiting but once she’s here you’ll forget all about this!
    Katie @ Peace Love & Oats recently posted…Chicago Marathon 2013My Profile

20. Ahhhh you’re so close!! I’m so excited for you!!
    I wish I could come sub your PUMP classes while you’re gone. That would be a pretty long commute!
    Hang in there! xoxo
    Lauren @ Me and the Mountains recently posted…Pumpkin Pie Bread PuddingMy Profile

21. so exciting!! I’m sure it’s hard to wait, but just do your very best to enjoy these last few moments – you’ll never get them back!
    Danica @ It’s Progression recently posted…Let’s Discuss: Diet and HealthMy Profile

22. Any day now!! Woot! Any bets on the day that she will arrive?
    [email protected] recently posted…DOMS suck.My Profile

23. I BET AS I TYPE THIS COMMENT… YOU ARE IN LABOR! It’s 2:50pm PST.
    Am I right? Am I right?! lol
    GiGi Eats Celebrities recently posted…Domino’s Ain’t Got Nothing On This Pizza!My Profile

24. Aw, hang in there! If something works to start your labor please share because I’ll want to try it in a few weeks :-)
    Andrea @ The Fit Scoop recently posted…How Pregnancy is Like Marathon TrainingMy Profile

25. Use your breat pump for like 20 minutes or so. A little colostrum will come out but it stimulates labor and you will make plenty more before baby needs it. Worked for my second pregnancy at 39 weeks exactly!

26. Dude, you are the cutest thing! Love your baby bump!

27. This isn’t an old wives tale, it’s an actual thing… are you taking evening primrose oil yet? Helps soften the cervix. I took them orally but some women even break open the capsule and insert them vaginally. (Typically done right before bed). Something to consider!

I’ve been thinking of youuuu- can’t wait for baby girl to arrive!
    Katie recently posted…AJH: 19 Months Old!!My Profile

28. Heather K. says:

I commented on your blog last week for the first time and mentioned I, too, was pregnant with my first. Well, she was born on Saturday! I went 40 weeks, 3 days. Don’t get discouraged with your lack of progress. I was 2 cm and 50% effaced for 2 weeks leading up to delivery day. I, too, tried some things to get labor started (pineapple, spicy foods, walking, gym time) but ultimately I doubt any of them worked. She was worth the extra wait time and you will feel the same!! Best wishes for a safe and quick labor and delivery! She will be here before you know it! (and it’s absolutely wonderful!)

• Thank you so much for your thoughts. And CONGRATS to you!!

I am trying hard not to be discouraged–thank you for the reminders :)

29. It’s so crazy that you’re already past 40 weeks! She’ll be making her grand arrival any day now… so excited for you!!

30. Samantha N says:

You look amazing! Excited to hear about your baby girl!

31. Whitney says:

I love your blog. But I was wondering where your sweatshirt from it is so cute.

Comments

Privacy · © Copyright 2015 Fitness Perks, LLC · All right reserved · Designed by The Husband