How’s it going for ya lately?
I’m pretty good. Each day has had its up and downs this week (just little life stuff & pregnancy stuff), but I’ve drowned that all in my sleep.
I’m actually quite good at that! Having a bad day? Go teach a fitness class/workout & then go to bed. Magically, everything seems better in the morning.
Before I go off on a tangent about stress management, I came across this article & thought it was so sweet…
Here is the sweet article .
I cried. Of course.
And then I texted my husband and told him our love story is my favorite. And how grateful I was for him & all he does for me & baby girl. (#mushcity)
Go read the short article-it’ll make ya cry too! 😉
Stress Management Tips
So people nowadays are stressed.
A lot of them bring it upon themselves obviously (hello type A people like myself <–here’s a post on learning to let go p.s.), but some stuff just sucks & adds stress to life.
There is good & bad stress too, but in general, if the stress you’re experiencing is causing adverse effects like sleep disturbances, depression, copious anxiety or crying, and is affecting your relationships, then the stress must be “managed.”
Here are some of my favorite stress management tips that I often engage in…
when you’re feeling ‘stressed out’ try any or all of these:
- take a bath with no electronics! (don’t check IG, FB, or text) / light candles and add bubbles if desired
- call your mom, sister, or bff
- cry for a few minutes, and then write down 10 things you’re thankful for
- pray some more.
- go to bed 😉
- ask your partner/spouse/sig other for a foot or back massage
- go for a walk, run, or engage in other physical activity that gets your HR up a bit
- turn on some music and have a dance party
- or turn on some calming music & do the opposite (depends what kind of stress you’re experiencing)
- write a to-do list & then
burn itgo and do something else for a bit before tackling it
- stretch, foam roll, or do some yoga
- practice deep breathing or meditation -with or without tapes
- read a good book
- prepare a dinner or bake something (caution: if you’re a stress eater, wait to bake it until you can share it with someone else too)
- lay out or sit by a pool for a bit
- watch a hilarious youtube video & laugh out loud!
These are obviously just some of my favorites and that I actually DO when I am stressed.
I’ve worked with some people lately at work who stress me out, so I make sure to engage in these stress management tips on my breaks and after work. It is like magic what it can do for the soul & psyche!
Stress CAN be harmful in the long run and can lead to dangerous chronic diseases and other issues, so NOW is the time to manage it well. Don’t put off managing it until later! Take care of YOU, because there is ONLY ONE OF YOU.
And let’s be honest, I can only imagine what throwing babies or kids into the mix could do…..
….better go start up a bath stat.
- I am thankful for a fan that blows on me during the work day. My husband is a genius & pulled it out & set it up b/c I was complaining I was too hot (even with the A/C on low). Gotta love a man that takes action, right? I just sit on my butt & complain –some days I am a joy to be around, I tell ya. 😉
- I am thankful for coworkers who can make me laugh (through IM, since I work from home), when I am having a rough day at work.
- I am grateful for nail polish on my toes. It just makes me happy!
Have a GREAT stress-reduced day!! <3
What are some of YOUR best ways to reduce stress??! What did YOU think of that sweet article I shared??! Did ya cry? 😉 What are YOU thankful for today??!