Thanks for sharing some of the things you’re thankful for–it was super fun to read all of them!
So I have a bunch of random things floating around my brain, and since it’s pretty normal nowadays to share that all with the world wide web, here we go.
*(And yes, there will be a side of pet peeves at the end. Because it’s my blog, I can share those. It is NOT meant to offend. So if you have a problem with ’em, don’t read them. Kthanks)
Friday Randoms (with a side of pet peeves)
I’m seriously loving the moments I have outside. I can’t wait to have more of ’em!
Not sure if you all get lovely weather right now, but we’ve had some beautiful days–and I sure can’t get enough of ’em! I keep spending time out on our balcony just sitting, relaxing, or stretching. Ahhhhh.
I really love celery.
I’m being for real. Celery is super yummy! I know some people hate it though (like my man). But I just wanted to profess my love for it because I bought it at the grocery store & can’t stop eating it! I LOVE the crunch. mmmmmm.
As excited as I am for this weekend of fitness (and LM relaunches), I am so not ready for it yet….
Totally my fault, of course…. being the unmotivated lazy bum I’ve been.
I’ve learned about 3 tracks perfectly already (I am presenting a total of 8 on Saturday—5 for BP, 3 for CX).
It always turns out fine & great though, so maybe that’s my problem? I always know it’ll be fantastic in the end–and that I have to put in some major crunch time hours right before (i.e. Friday night/Saturday morn early)—so I then put it off each quarter.
Oh, and GRIT starts again on Monday, so guess who gets to learn all that choreo too??? This girl!
That’s why I always say it–you MUST be passionate about teaching fitness (esp LM classes), or else you’d dread the learning phases! I love learning it, it’s just the actual DOING it that for some reason makes me put it off. #sillyme
I’m also super stoked for my favorite weekend of the year!!
General conference! It happens 2x/year, and it’s a few hours on Saturday & Sunday of fabulous talks. It’s a time to be uplifted, edified, allow for learning, and be spiritually enhanced. If you’d like more info on the conference, just go here!
My husband is a genius. And does all that boring, tough stuff.
He did all of our taxes (ugh. boring. boo. hiss). Poor guy ran into some major issues though. I’m just warning you now, DON’T move to another state in the middle of a tax year!!!! hah. Both states were taxing us on the same income. Lamesauce.
He got it figured out, but not after copious amounts of laborious hours.
fun fact/pet peeve: I dislike the IRS with a burning passion.
in 2006 my identity/ss # was stolen (without my knowledge–while I was living out of the country for the entire year), and in 2009, I started getting funky letters from the IRS. When I began getting these super official letters with lots of $$$$ on them, I just thought they had the wrong person & threw them away! (looking back, that’s hilarious, eh?) Well, one day my then-bf (now husband) went to get the mail with me after a day of classes. And there was another letter from the IRS. I just sighed & said these are so dumb! And went to go throw it away….he was like let me see that? So I gave it to him.
Guess what all of the mumbo jumbo meant? The IRS was coming after me (a grad student), because I had made over 1 million dollars in 2006!!! This was not a joke. They said I owed hundreds of thousands of $$ to the IRS.
2 years, several lawyers, & tax specialists later, I was finally cleared. And was then able to finally file taxes like a normal person in later 2011.
Awesome, right?! I have every right to dislike the IRS (they were h%#&) to work with–and they kept making us run in different directions. Whilst threatening to take away all my personal belongings. Not cool.
NOW it’s hilarious. Then, it was not. I mean what 21 year old makes over a million & doesn’t file any taxes that year?!?! Even funnier is that they went after a person who knew absolutely nada about the IRS & taxes. I didn’t even have a credit card then!
I love summer food & can’t wait to eat more of it.
burgers. sweet potato fries. popsicles. ice cream. chips. watermelon. cucumbers. mmmmmmm!
a side of pet peeves:
- I can NOT stand when people smoke near others. In their cars. Near public places. IN public places. UGHHHH. I get so sick when I smell it. Keep your bad habits to yourself sir/madam, and not in MY air! I’m allergic & it makes me gag so bad. Plus, I think it’s so selfish to do it around other people. EVEN if they’re in their car, we share the same air. Makes me SO mad when I have to roll my window up because of THEIR bad habit. rant over.
- I do not like when people stop traffic (because they slow down) to slide into a turning middle lane. Get the car’s butt out of the way! Annoying.
- It’s so weird when some people don’t put their weights away after BP. They just leave the weights on the bar by the weight stacks! What the heck?!
- It drives me bonkers when all people do is complain. HAHAHAHAHA (oh the irony. but I warned ya ahead of time!)
- It’s kinda of annoying when people don’t text back within a day or too. Like friends/acquaintances…. I try hard to return texts in a timely manner–and yes, I’ve forgotten to text back, but not on a consistent basis. If you have a texting plan, use it.
- It drives me nutso when all people post about on IG or FB is about the vegetables they eat. For some reason, I can’t get on that train. I love veggies as much as the next fitness/nutrition-lover-person does, but to only eat them or show that I only eat them? no way.
- We live in an apartment complex–it is so annoying when teenagers or whomever are blasting their music in the middle of the night. NOT okay with this.
It feels good to get that out of my system! I could care less if anyone reads it, it’s just a great way to express my thoughts/opinions.
But what do I really LOVE?? When people are considerate of others, smile, & try hard to make the world a better place.
And, to end on an uplifting happy note, everyone go check out adorable Hunter on Ashley’s blog!!!
Have a GREAT Friday!! <3
What are some of YOUR Friday randoms?? What are YOU looking forward to this weekend?? Any pet peeves YOU want to share??