How’s it going? I’m definitely loving the nice weather we’ve had here and the last 2 days I’ve gotten to sleep in just a bit. I get so exhausted with teaching, so sleep to me is precious stuff!
Right now I’ve got nothing (my brain is totally fried), so I’m just going to share some things I’m thankful for. mmmmkay?!
I’ve found, in life, that if you just write down what you’re thankful for, things seem to shift and you’ll feel automatically a bit better. Nothing too crazy is wrong with me or whatever, but I just wanted to sit and write a few things out.
1. I’m thankful for the power of prayer. This is something that sustains me and brings me so much peace.
2. I’m grateful for a super comfy bed and pillow! I love sleep. Can’t.get.enough! hah
3. I am thankful for friends who understand me, yet still love me.
4. I am grateful for my balcony. I love simply sitting outside in the sunshine & enjoying the Spring breeze. ahhhhhhh
5. I am grateful for parents who taught me to serve others. And who live what they teach.
6. I am super thankful for the Internet. ’nuff said, right?!
7. I am grateful for cream cheese & bagels. I don’t know why I ever let them go for so many years?!?
8. I am thankful for a husband who does the laundry, takes out the trash, and replaces toilet paper rolls. Without me even saying anything. This dude is a keeper. I’m lucky, and I realize that!
9. I’m thankful for the simple act of a kind word or compliment. It can mean SO much!
10. I’m grateful for my faith–it sustains me in times of trial and gives me so much hope & peace!
11. I’m thankful for my healthy body–it’s something I might take for granted….but no longer! I’m going to try to appreciate my body even more–because dang, it can do a lot!
12. I’m grateful for indoor plumbing. Random, but I am. (Reminds me of the Hercules line “indoor plumbing, it’s gonna be big” hah!)
13. I’m simply grateful for the gift of love. All kinds of love.
14. I am thankful for sunshine, longer days, and beautiful sunsets.
I could go on and on, but that’s just a simple list of what’s been on my mind lately & what I am grateful for.
I just have come to realize that in life, we should never take anything for granted, and instead of complain & gripe, we should be thankful and happy. It also helps us to live more in the moment & enjoy the precious time we do have. I want to live each day with more INTENTION, instead of hoping ____ to pass or to get to ___. I just want to LIVE in that moment.
And for me, being thankful helps me to do that. So thanks for letting me share some of that with you, awesome readers!
A thankful heart is indeed, a happy heart!
What are YOU thankful for today??!