Hey you guys!
Happy FRIDAY <3
Some thoughts from me:
- I am freaking loving the Olympics. All those athletes are so inspiring!
- Michael Phelps will always be my favorite Olympian. That dude is incredible!
- Oh and Gabby?! Love that cute firecracker. I am impressed!
- I can’t seem to get enough sleep lately….that is kind of bad news.
- I don’t think I’ve worn any other bottoms than skirts in like a week. It is SO hot here.
- My parents come into town tonight, and I get to see them tomorrow! Wahoo!
- Yesterday I did an easy cardio day–sometimes you just must take an active rest day. Even amidst a grueling training plan. (It was tough, but I knew it was best for my body. MUST.listen.to.it.)
- I can’t get enough watermelon. That stuff is like crack–I down 1 huge one every 3 days or so!
When Hangry Becomes Laughable
You all know that I eat a lot, right? Well, if you didn’t, now you do. 😉
I eat a lot–but not necessarily at one time. I eat a lot throughout the day-I eat often. I am NOT one of those people who ‘forgets’ meals, or can just skip a meal. No way. (My husband gets ‘busy’ and forgets to eat lunch. What?! Who does that?!)
I have ‘eating episodes’ (meals/snacks) at least 5 times a day, if not 7 or 8. But this works for me, for my body, for my schedule, and for my training right now.
Well this past weekend in Colorado during the ladies’ weekend, I did not pack food so smartly on one of our days out……
On Friday we ate lunch at about 1:00p.m. (I usually eat lunch around 1:30p.m.)<—so this was a bit early for me. Well, after shopping straight from 2-6:19 p.m., I had eaten only 2 small pieces of candy (Mambas) and 1 bite of a granola bar.
YAH, so by the time we sat down to dinner I was HUNGRY.
When I grabbed the menu and scanned the appetizers, I whispered to my mom that I needed those salty, doughy pretzels asap. Well, no one wanted the pretzels, and when the waitress came to get the apps order, everyone turned to me and said, “Why pretzels? Ewww gross.” And other appetizers were ordered.
Well. I promptly BURST INTO TEARS.
Obviously at the time no one laughed. I think my sisters were just shocked that I was crying over a pretzel (I shocked myself too. Hah). But NOW, now it’s funny.
Who cries over pretzels, or even food for that matter?!
PLEASE tell me I am not alone?! Please.
By the way, I do believe that being hangry (angry+hungry) is something that happens to people who usually eat a lot, work out at lot, or are used to eating often. I usually crave SALTY things if I haven’t eaten in awhile, hence why that was such a big deal at the time!
p.s. My mom and sisters ordered the pretzels behind my back, even when I told them (through tears) I was fine. I have a mighty fine family, if I do say so myself. 😉
Have a lovely day, my awesome readers!! <3
Have YOU ever cried over or about food?? What is something YOU often crave?? Any fun Friday night plans for YOU??