How are you all doing today?! (If you haven’t yet, read about change your thoughts change your body <–it’ll help you have a great day, no matter what! )
I am doing great today for many reasons:
- Today is like a Friday for me (and only a half day of work)
- I get to teach BodyPUMP at 5:45 a.m. (I LOVE teaching early classes!)
- I get to see all my sisters this afternoon in…… (can you guess where?!!) HINT.
- And today is Thankful Thursday
Wow. I feel blessed and happy!
Another reason I am super happy today? I get to munch on my homemade, delicious whole wheat protein zucchini bread.
(Hello long name).
You know how in the Disney movie, “Hercules,” they say he’s got it all? Well, I could say the same about this bread-it’s got it all going on!
- low sugar
- high protein
- low fat
- whole wheat
- veggie packed
- delicious & easy
My husband doesn’t love zucchini in stir fries, dinners, etc., so I decided to bake it up so he’d still eat it. You’ll see, once you make it, that ANYONE would eat this yummy bread right up!
Whole Wheat Protein Zucchini Bread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 dropperful NuNaturals vanilla stevia
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 Tb vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used 100% whey)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- dash of almond milk
- Mix the ingredients eggs – vanilla together in a mixing bowl
- Add in the zucchini – baking powder ingredients. Mix well.
- Finally, add in the flour and mix until flour is all the way mixed in.
- Add a dash of almond milk and mix again.
- Pour into 2 large bread pans (that have been sprayed with cooking spray).
- (dump in chocolate chips to one pan because that’s delicious).
- Bake for 54 mins at 350 degrees.
I’ve eaten it with leftover lemon frosting (hello delicious), almond butter, and with protein frosting.
There are a myriad of ways to enjoy this bread, but each way is amazing because the bread is moist, fluffy, and chock full of delicious ingredients.
This is husband approved too. WOOT!
- I am thankful for my upcoming trip to a cabin in the lovely mountains of….. (if you guessed Colorado, you’re right!) with all my sisters (5!), sister-in-law, and mom.
- I am super grateful for my (really unexpected & exciting) promotion at work!
- I am really thankful for the inspiration I receive through your comments, posts, and kinds words. You all rock!
Have a FABULOUS day! <3
What is YOUR favorite way to sneak in veggies?? Do YOU like zucchini?? Any fun weekend plans starting early for YOU too?? Tell me something you’re grateful for!!