Hey you guys!
Happy mid-week to you I could totally have used that mojo yesterday. Everything at work went super crappy, and I felt like I was in a sour mood all day. Lame. (And it even started of great with a super-tough Spin class + 2 mile run and protein French toast!)
But, then I went and taught BodyPUMP after work and everything was better. Seriously–fitness is my drug of choice, forever and always. It just makes ME feel SO much better about everything-stress, life, etc.
So, do you all think I don’t cook? Well, you could be right. 😉 Some nights I just eat a panini, salad, or smoothie and my husband eats hot dogs or frozen burritos.
Yes, this is the truth. Please don’t judge.
Right now, neither of us has any desire to make fancy meals after long days at work. I am too tired/shot by the end of the day (work + training + teaching) to really dream up fancy things, so the majority of meals and recipes you’ll see around here are quick, tasty, healthy, and EASY.
For yesterday’s dinner I was inspired by my sister (thank you!), and decided to throw something together. Guess what? It turned out mighty fine.
Delicious, healthy, easy. Bring it.
Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 package lean ground turkey
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup lentils (dry)
- 4 Sun-dried Tomato Laughing Cow cheese wedges
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tb olive oil
- 1 Tb garlic
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 Tb Swiss herb seasoning (or any herb seasoning)
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Cook chopped onions, garlic in the olive oil until onions turn translucent.
- Add in lean ground turkey. Cook until almost done.
- At that point, add in salsa, seasoning, and salt.
- Cook lentils on stovetop as directed.
- Meanwhile, chop bell pepper so that there is an open part on top (I did mine sideways-so that works too!)
- Right when lentils are done, add the cheese wedges to the turkey mixture and stir well.
- Drain the lentils, and add the lentils to the turkey/cheese mixture.
- Once the oven is preheated (325), fill each bell pepper with the turkey/lentil/cheese mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, and then add 1 slice Pepper Jack cheese to each pepper. Bake for 5 minutes more.
And dinner is served.
These were delicious!
Seriously, I bet you have all the ingredients on hand and could totally make these tonight!
Filling, healthy (and super high in protein), and really easy. You guys know me, this is how I roll in the kitchen. 😉
I am off to do some serious running, then work, and after work-teach BodyPUMP.
Have a GREAT day!
What is a healthy meal YOU’ve eaten lately?? Do YOU love bell peppers?? Any of YOU made lentils lately??