Hey weekend–so glad you’re here
I realized I had never told you all what exactly my “normal” fitness week looks like (thanks to Lauren for pointing this out)! I do teach a lot of fitness classes + I need SOME time to myself, so it is a lot–but you also have to understand it is my job to get & stay fit and help others do the same
(I’ve gotten snarky comments before about how I exercise too much. Bah humbug<—they’re prob just jealous. okay, I kid, I kid.) I think what is key for me is that I KNOW my limits now and I exercise for totally different reasons NOW than I did before when I struggled with exercise addictions. (And I eat a lot more and a lot more often + I sleep TONS).
Okay! Here it is (a “normal” week) –so less normal might be more or less activity, depending on if I sub more or not or how many clients I have where I do the workouts with them. All workouts are in the a.m.–but if they are not, it says “evening.”
My Weekly Fitness Breakdown
- 40 minute light elliptical (usually do some reading, prep for classes, study material)
- teach 1 hour BodyPUMP class
- teach 1 hour Zumba class (in the evening)
- 45-60 minute treadmill workout (at home–NO gym this day); usually a HIIT workout
- sometimes I sub in the evenings (Pilates and/or BodyPUMP)
- 45 minute stair/elliptical workout (moderate intensity)
- teach 1 hour BodyPUMP class
- teach 1 hour Zumba class
- teach 1 hour BodyPUMP class (in the evening)
- 1 hour P90x Plyometrics or HIIT workout on the treadmill
- teach 1 hour BodyPUMP class (I sub almost every Sat, and if I don’t then I lift on my own)
- OFF!!!! Major REST day (I go to church, take naps, and go for short walks.)
As you can see I like the gym. I really do. And I like to sweat. A lot. And I REALLY love what I do (+ I am fitness/health coach as my day job–I work from home.) It is SO fun for me to pump other people up in their excitement for fitness, health, and their personal wellness journeys. I am in the midst of it all and I am passionate about it and helping others become passionate about it as well!
I also do some Boot camp style work, personal training, and fitness consults with clients on the side–and offer these services to anyone through the Internet (if you have a webcam, we can set something up).
Anyways, there it is! By the way, the plyometrics and more intense cardio before the BodyPUMP on Saturday is a new thing for me, as I am taking the Holiday challenge (along with all of you…..right?!!)– to kick my fitness up a NOTCH!
And yes, I am always getting foot rubs and back massages from my husband (he calls me “permasore” -because there is always an area that feels good if he massages it out)–he is the BEST! (I don’t even ask, he just does it. He’s a gem.)
And yes, there are some days where I don’t feel like going, or teaching, or I am tired…..BUT the second I start I am SO glad I went. (So is my boss, I’d be fired if I didn’t. haha)
And because it is Saturday….I am off to do some PLYO work and teach a BodyPUMP class
Have a great weekend!!
What does YOUR weekly fitness breakdown look like?? Any areas YOU want to focus on or improve upon?? <—I need more Yoga in my life. How to fit it in, I am not sure….The end.