Oh hey weekend–glad you’ve arrived!
What a night…..I went with my little sis and husband to see the new Twilight movie.
Yes I read all the books. No I am not obsessed at all. It was an okay movie in my opinion–kind of what you’d expect if you’ve read the books or seen the other movies. Have any of YOU seen it?-What did YOU think?? <—no spoilers!
Leftovers’ Starring Role In My Life
Have I ever mentioned that I live for leftovers? No? Well, there you have it. It is true.
I make lots of extra food so I can have leftovers. I make sure I don’t eat all my restaurant meals so I can have leftovers the next day. And I take food from parties, buffets, friends’ houses when it is socially acceptable to do so and eat them as leftovers the next day.
Some people may think it’s weird to keep/want leftovers but I just think it’s genius.
All in all I guess you could say when I like something I make sure I eat/do it again!
The reasons why making sure there are leftovers to eat and then eating them later rules:
- CHEAP. You save money when you make/buy food in bulk. It may not be tons, but it all adds up!
- DELICIOUS. You get to have the same awesome meal twice instead of once. Sign me up
- DECISION MADE. I’ve mentioned that I hate lunch–usually because I am too hungry to decide on anything, so let the leftovers decide for YOU!
- EASY and FAST. Ever heard of a microwave? Okay, good, me too. BING!
- SAVES TIME and HEADACHES. I am not a chef or cook. I don’t looooove cooking (I like it enough to do it), but I do like eating good, healthy, wholesome foods. Leftovers are my saving grace to this problem!
- HAPPY SPOUSE. Make a lot of food one night?! No problem–my husband is equally happy the next day.
The one down side to all of this? The meal has to be good enough for me (the husband) to eat it again the next day as leftovers.
I am off to burn off some major energy. I have KILLER plans for a workout today (no idea why I have so much energy), but I am ready to switch things up on the workout front! Will include some BodyPUMP of course, though. Stay tuned
What are YOUR feelings on leftovers–love ’em, hate ’em?? What is YOUR favorite leftover?? Twilight fan?? Weekend plans??