First of all thank you SO much for all the birthday wishes. Holy moly you all are kind. You know how to make a girl blush 😉 And I totally loved hearing about your workouts! So great. I did totally ask my BodyPUMPers to add weight to their bars in honor of my birthday–and they did it! Awwwwww. Nothing spells love like adding some iron to the pumping!
Second of all a few of you guessed my age correctly! Congrats to Katie, Jessica, and Lindsay –I did turn 27 yesterday and it was totally awesome. My husband, family, friends, gym ‘family,’ and you all made it super special for me.
Restaurant Food Swaps
My sweet husband took me out to dinner at Brio -a Tuscan Grille, and it was really delicious. The service was great, the ambiance was romantic, and the food was SO good. I wish I had had room to eat it all…..but on the other hand, I can’t wait for lunch to roll around today!
As you can see I ordered a dish that had Chorizo, which is a type of sausage meat. I do not eat red meat.
So here is what I did:
- I pulled the waiter aside and asked him what Chorizo was (to make sure)
- Then I asked him if they could make the dish without it (he said yes)
- And then I asked him if they could SWAP it out with something else (he said yes)
- So I swapped it for spinach
- BAM. I got what I wanted.
A lot of people tell me they are afraid to ask waiters questions or to request that things be taken off, presented differently, or ingredients be added to their meals. Well, then WHY are you going to a restaurant where there are SERVERS there to do your every bidding, I want to say.
But instead I kindly let them know it is easy, smart, and much healthier to request things be done your way when at a restaurant.
And you’ll be much more satisfied when you leave. Promise.
Things I usually ask for or do at restaurants:
- If I am having a salad I ask for the dressing on the side <—especially if I might not like the dressing
- If I am having a food that might have
fungusmushrooms in ’em, I ask about the dish and request it minus the fungusmushrooms.
- When ordering pizza I usually ask for extra spinach (or spinach instead of something else)
- I usually eat a little bit of bread (if it is really good like last night’s was) so my stomach is not too empty before the main meal. This means I can eat most of my meal but save the rest for another day.<—my favorite! Score. I love leftovers.
- I always ask about the soup of the day.
- I usually mention I do not eat red meat if I am ordering a meal that might have hidden meat in them (i.e. soups)
It was truly a marvelous meal (and the company was superb!)
We finished it up with some (free!!) restaurant cake, fro yo (a must have on my birthday), and homemade carrot cake. (p.s. I was too full to finish any of these, but we had tastes of all. YUMM)
Such an awesome birthday.
I am off to kick some major treadmill butt. I am in the MOOD to run!
What are some of YOUR favorite restaurant swaps?! How many desserts do you usually have/taste on YOUR birthday??