Hey! How’s it going on your end?! Life is truly fabulous–especially when answers are found in being/getting FIT
It is even more fabulous however, with delicious, wholesome food around.
I love squash. I really do. It is so delicious-I love it in soups, by itself, with ketchup, in main dishes, as side dishes, sprinkled with cheese, etc.!
However, a few years back I stared at those things and was like, “what?! People eat these??” Pretty fun, eh?
So it comes as no surprise that one of my favorite Fall meals now, has to do with squash–and red sauce (>white sauce!), and cheese. I am mostly Swiss after all….. cheese and chocolate are staples in my book
Spaghetti Squash Prep
- Prep the spaghetti squash by having a hot guy cut it in half for ya 😉
- Roast it on a pan with some water for 35 minutes at 450 degrees.
- Scoop out the *noodles*!
- (Can save the seeds and roast them more with salt if desired!)
Spaghetti Red Sauce Prep
- cut up some onions, peppers, and garlic and cook over medium heat
- add in protein <—-chicken, turkey, beans, tofu, etc., until cooked through
- add other veggies as desired (squash, zucchini, more peppers, etc.)
- add in red sauce (i.e. tomato sauce)
- cook for 5 minutes all together for 3 minutes
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti Dinner
- serve the red sauce over the spaghetti squash
- top with cheese!
- devour with salads and bread
It was eaten for dinner last night—-so if you head to the store today for your dinner tonight, I won’t judge 😉
What is YOUR go-to Fall meal?? Do YOU cook squash often?? What is your favorite way to build lean muscle?!