Have I got a recipe for you. I pretty much died and went to heaven.
I am not a girl who will eat cookies or cake…..unless there is ice cream or fro yo involved. However, these cookies that I made (designed the recipe from my mom’s recipe), are jjjuuussssttt fine by themselves. In fact, they are incredible.
Oh and did I mention they are healthy?
Okay fine, health-IER. Chocolate chip cookies are not a health food, but let’s be honest, no one would eat them and love them if they were. But what if I told you I created a cookie that not even my husband, who is always wary of my antics in the kitchen, guessed was healthy!?
It is THAT good. This is pretty much a MUST make. Like this weekend (kind of like this one!). Or today. Or right now.
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla
- 1 tsp caramel flavoring <—-I used the Torani caramel flavoring
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 2 cup (white) flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 bag milk chocolate chips (=18 oz.)
- 1.0 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (= 12 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cream together butter, applesauce, sugars UNTIL light an fluffy <—because of the chemical bonds that occur, this step is vital to make the cookie look and taste amazing
- Beat in eggs, vanilla, caramel flavoring, cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients–stir in (do not sift flour)
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 2-3 hours (at least. Or overnight)
- Use an ice cream scoop and drop dough balls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes (at 325).
- Let cool for about 5-6 minutes.
- EAT and enjoy
Eating these cookies with unsweetened almond milk is recommended!
***p.s. the pages/tabs above (i.e. “About” “Fitness” “Nutrition”) have ben updated for easier reading and enjoyment! Check ’em out
Have YOU tried to design a recipe and it was a success?? What kind of chocolate chips do YOU love??