My Labor Day was rockin’–how was yours?
One of my favorite pictures from this past week of vacation:
Trying to get several kids to pose for a picture (and hold still) is pretty much impossible.
We actually have normal smiles! Woot
While on vacation in Colorado we each had a day where we got to cook the three meals. For the dinner meal we chose spaghetti….but I surprised them all and made it vegetarian-with absolutely no meat at all (duh!)
And they all loved it and raved about it.
- spaghetti noodles (wish we had had whole wheat….)
- pasta sauce (we used Ragu)
- onions, garlic, zucchini, squash, eggplant, green peppers
- red kidney beans <—-for protein
- Grueyere Swiss cheese
- Boil water in a pot (to cook pasta).
- Chop up veggies.
- Cook onions and garlic in a skillet until translucent (over medium heat).
- Add chopped zucchini, squash, eggplant, peppers.
- Add pasta to boiled water.
- After letting those veggies cook for about 5 minutes, add kidney beans.
- Add sauce to skillet.
- Finish cooking pasta and drain–top pasta with a sprinkle of Grueyere.
- EAT (with a side salad and garlic bread)!
Meat eaters will LOVE this meal because it is satisfying, filling, and delicious.
And you’ll love it as a cook because it is quick, simple, and nutritious!
What meal recently have YOU made vegetarian?? Does YOUR significant other like the camera/taking photos??