Morning! I slept amazing last night.
Did you know that when you exert your body to its max you sleep better that night?
Of course you did!
It is totally true about sleep and exercise. And that is why people who workout regularly usually sleep better, get adequate sleep, and are more alert during the day. Which in turn then leads to increased productivity, more success in the workplace and family life, more able to listen to their body, and better overall quality of life.
I hope I didn’t make anyone feel guilty….
….just creating awareness
When the body receives enough rest, that time is used for rejuvenation, recuperation, and re-energizing. Isn’t it amazing how the body practically ‘fixes’ itself while we snooze?
Usually if I am really sore in the evening from a quality workout, I tend to be less sore the following morning. Woot! This is not always true when I ‘shock’ my body (i.e. really intense ‘abnormal’ workout, or workouts right after taking a few days off), however.
What is not to love?
I have a friend who says he does not need much sleep….he is kind of like the energizer bunny. He goes and goes and goes, but guess what? Then he crashes. He can nap like nobody else, and in reality he may say he does not need much sleep, but let’s be honest, everyone NEEDS sleep.
Not just sleep though, good quality sleep.
Tips on how to sleep/fall asleep better:
- stretch before bed time
- don’t watch TV, use the computer, phones, or other electronic devices 30 minutes before bed time
- exercise daily!
- try not to eat really heavy meals, fatty dishes, or super sugary foods 2-4 hours before bed time
- keep the bedroom cool, clean, and organized
- write out your to-do list before hopping into bed
- keep the room super dark
- use the restroom at least 2x before bed (oh wait, is that just me?! heh.)
- avoid really negative situations or thoughts before bed time
- pray or re-evalute goals
Now aren’t you excited to hop into bed tonight?! I sure am….
….and with that, here is to a fabulous work day!
How about YOU, what are some things YOU do to sleep better and more soundly?? Do YOU feel like exercise helps??