Hey all! Holy, has this week flown by for you too?? Wow. But it has been a good, productive one, even with the crappy Monday start. For you as well?
So many have commented on my smoothies, I just had to do a tutorial to show you my new fav breakfast. Oh, and how speedy it is too. Oh and this fits right in with my Summer Series. Gotta love SUMMER!!
Smoothie In A Bowl Tutorial
You need at least one of each of the following to make a nutritious, balanced, smoothie in a bowl (meal):
- Almond Milk
- Soy Milk
- Chocolate Milk
- Bananas <—yuck (for me) but I am sure many of you love these
- Spinach <—my GO-to veg
- Cottage Cheese
- Protein Powder <–chocolate is my fav flavor
- Greek Yogurt <–love plain Oikos
- Nut Butter(s)
- Kefir (can be used as protein source instead of liquid, or both!)
- Could use pinch of Xanthan gum for thickening
- Remember….without ice, the smoothie is not as cold!
Layer it all in a blender (making sure there is enough liquid to get the contents moving), add some cinnamon or other desired seasonings, and BLEND away!
Hello Smoothie In A Bowl.
I top mine with Fiber One, Raw Oats, or more fruit. It totally depends on my mood.
I love all the pretty colors that come out of my Magic Blender.
today’s A.M. workout:
- 40 min elliptical (intervals)
- 20 mins stair mill
- 15 mins squats, lunges, and chest flys (weight train!)
- I am so thankful for my swimming kiddos! I adore teaching kids swim lessons
- I am thankful for a bunch new fitness classes that I get to teach (at several gyms)! Woot. Hello tons more BodyPUMP and ZUMBA!
- I am so grateful for a loving husband who puts up with my crazy mood swings. And like ALL month, not just one time a month. Hah.
What goes in YOUR blender for a yummy smoothie? <–I love new ideas! What are YOU thankful for today??