Hello amazing day so far…..
What is DIET?
Too often when we hear the word ‘diet’ we freak out and run. However, a healthy diet can be the KEY to success in our fitness and wellness endeavors. What is diet? is a very, very good question….. some say:
- it is one letter away from DIE. hah
- it is makeup of all the food we eat
- it is a part of any weight loss or weight management success/failure
- it is a VITAL piece to being healthy
- it can make or break a day
- it is the bane of a lot of women’s existences
I used to associate the word, “diet,” with all the horrible crash-course ideas of losing weight, stupid scams, and bogus quick fix shots and meal plans, but after a whole butt load of schooling and personal experiences, I have realized we should not be afraid of the word “diet,” as long as it is attached to healthy and eat.
Eat a healthy diet, you see
What is a healthy diet then?
- It incorporates all the major macronutrients needed by our bodies : carbohydrates, protein, fats/oils (and water!)
- It is varied and colorful (and thus includes the micronutrients–Iron, Zinc,etc.–needed by our bodies!)
- It is made up of mostly FRESH, in-season, and whole foods.
- There is limited packaging and preservatives associated with it.
- It includes some of the not-so-colorful-or-whole-foods (about 10% of the total, or 200 cals worth per day)<—-esp if a person is watching his/her waistline or weight.
- It is available for easy cooking and eating. (i.e. keeping it on hand!)
Have a GREAT rest of your weekend
What is DIET to YOU?? What is a part of YOUR healthy diet??